Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lemon Bars

*I had never made these until last night. They are SO easy (and delish)! I don't have a grater - I know - so I didn't use the lemon rind. They were yummy, but not very "lemony".

Also, wait until these are completely cool before cutting - I am an impatient cook, and when I cut them, the edges were so messy because it was still warm...

Crust:
1. Cream together
1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2. Add & mix well
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups flour, unsifted
3. Pat into a 9"x13" greased baking pan. Bake at 350 for 15-20 min

Filling:
1. Mix together & pour over hot crust
4 eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup lemon juice
rind of one lemon, grated
2. Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes. When done, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut when cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment