Saturday, October 9, 2010

DIY Tortilla Chips!

So, I had 2 avocados ready to be made into delicious guacamole BUT I had NO chips! However, I did have corn tortillas....Hmmmmm....Here's how they became my crispy vessel for tasty guac:)

Ingredients:
Corn Tortillas
Vegetable Oil
Salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly brush each side of the corn tortilla with vegetable oil. Then stack them on top of each other and cut them into 6 pieces. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
Place them in the oven for 4 minutes. After 4 minutes, take them out, flip them over, then put back in the oven for 3 & 1/2 minutes.

Why spend $2-$3 for one bag of chips, when you can buy 72 corn tortillas for the same price and make endless amounts of fresh chips for the whole family???

1 comment:

  1. I will have to try this!!! my family goes through tortilla chips like crazy

    ReplyDelete